Saturday, December 20, 2008

Politic as Usual...In the NFL?


The first Tuesday of November the American public choose our new president; the second to last Wednesday of the year the NFL players selected the pro bowlers. These are the best of the best of 2008 NFL season. Well, that is what the NFL fans thought. Reported in the Chicago "Suntimes" Brian Urlacher stated'' If people like you, they're going to vote for you,'' Urlacher said. ''That's all there is to it. As a player, I vote for guys I like, not necessarily guys who have good years. If there's a center who's going to keep Olin Kreutz out of the Pro Bowl, I won't vote for him. I don't know if all teams do that, but that's the way I do it.'' That explains the usual politics in the NFL and why Phillip Rivers who leads the league in quarterback rating isn't going to Honolulu. I understand that his team doesn't have a winning record but, he is tied with Drew Brees (A Pro Bowler) for the lead the league in touchdowns with 28. Brett Farve is eleven interceptions away from that number. Rivers is the only quarterback with a rating over 100, Did I mention that he has thrown only 11 picks this season. The other backup for the AFC (Jay Cutler) only has 24 TD's and 14 picks; Neither stat compares to Rivers. Cutler's team record is 8-6 opposed to Rivers 6-8 record with two games left. This could change with Rivers team making the playoffs. If the Chargers make the post season does this mean that Rivers replaces Cutler in Honolulu. I guess that "POLITICS AS USUAL."

No comments:

Post a Comment